Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dreams of Skydiving Coma Patients

I admit it, I tend to write weird things when I'm half asleep.
Often, in the middle of the night, or early morning, I'll grab my laptop without even opening my eyes and jot down strange ideas that sound awesome at the time. They're probably what I was dreaming at the time.
The most recent of these is this;
A man who is fit is about to marry a woman after he discovers she’s pregnant with his child. they get married, but then before their skydiving honeymoon, he is hit by a car and goes into a coma. 16 years later he wakes up and has to bond with his son, whilst he tries to win back the woman. He decides to take skydiving in an effort to do so. In the end he meets someone else but has bonded with his son.
This has been unchanged from the original text.
Now, it starts off reasonably well, despite being strangely precise about this guy being fit, but it quickly devolves into weirdness.
What exactly is a skydiving honeymoon? It sounds like it would be a pretty short getaway, and besides, aren't honeymoons basically about sex? You can't really have sex when falling from an aircraft (or at least not very easily).
So the guy's hit by a car, goes into a coma, and wakes up sixteen years later, having to bond with his now 15-year old son and win back the woman, who has presumably moved on or something.
What I don't get is how skydiving is supposed to win her back.
I mean, I can understand that it was their honeymoon plan, but what does that have to do with wooing her?
The end of the story seems pretty Hollywood. They could make this into a movie and it would make millions! ... Maybe that's how I'll get rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment