Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Island Shopping

I admit it, I'm not rich at all, in fact, I recently went through a period of having no money whatsoever, mostly due to unexpected rent costs, which meant no food, etc.

However, I have decided that one day I will be an incredibly rich person, with enough money to buy my own island. Thus, planning for the future, I stumbled across privateislandsonline.com, and realized that I needn't be insanely rich in order to own (or rent) land.

Leleuvia Island
This small point of paradie in Fiji is only about $100 a week!
I mean J.C.Superstar on a Stick!! (pun intended)
I mean, that's ridiculously cheap, don't you think?
Of course, I suppose you have to factor in getting there, as you'd have to take boats to the island itself, but even then, it's cheaper than most other holidays I think of going on. I don't know about accomodations, however, but I believe it has thatched huts with staff.

Isla Gatun.
Now, island in Panama is actually for sale, and it's only $30,000. To be honest, I thought it would cost more to by an island, but then I realized that it doesn't actually come with any buildings, so it would cost quite a bit extra to build one.
I suppose you could just camp there or something.
It would be a good talking pointwhen you meet new people : "Hi, I'm Fred Bloggs. I'm a dentist with a wife, two kids, and an uninhabited island in Panama."

Dokis Marina Island
This baby is only six hours north of me (Toronto).
Of course, it's $225,000, but it's the cheapest island I could find to buy (as opposed to rent) with a building on it.
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, since it comes with a solar panel for electricity and a boat for travel back to the mainland.
I think that's an outhouse at the left of the picture.

 The most expensive island on that website is Lisbon Island in Portugal, which is 240,000,000 Euros! It's got nothing on it, as well, so it would cost even more just to develop the 3000 acres of land.


So, I'm a long way off from getting my own island, but I can always dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment