Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Review: The Other Guys

Possible spoiler alert!!
So I went to go see this movie without any expectations really. Well that's not true. I'm not the biggest fan of most Will Ferrell movies, and Mark Wahlberg has been letting me down lately. But when I walked into the theatre and took my seat, I was blown away.
The movie starts out showing these two cops P.K. Highsmith (samuel L. Jackson) and Christopher Danson (Dwayne Johnson) who are the most badass cops in the world. There's an epic chase scene which involves them crashing their car into a double decker bus, and then driving that double decker bus, turning it sharply sending the car stuck in the bus flying out towards the people they were chasing. All for a 1/4 gram of Marijuana.
Then it introduces you to "The other guys" Allen Gamble (Ferrell) and Terry Hoitz (Wahlberg). Allen Gamble seems to be probably the biggest loser ever who likes to do work in accounting instead of having exciting gun fights like Jackson and Johnson. Terry Hoitz (who for some reason is convinced that peacocks can fly) was a cop who worked on the streets, however he accidently shot a famous baseball player in the leg and he wound up being partners with Gamble who never wants to leave the office building. This forces them both to fill out all the paper work that the popular cops leave behind, because they don't want to fill it out. Hoitz isn't as much of a loser but he is angry all the time.
Danson and Highsmith are chasing people who robbed a jewelery store, but turns out the small time robbers were professionals and they got away from Danson and Highsmith. Because they're too damn proud to live with the fact that people got away from them, let's say Danson and Highsmith "retired". Thus forcing Hoitz and Gumble to replace them. The movies plot unwinds from there and it turns out that these "other guys" are pretty damn good cops. Even though they sometimes get distracted by Jersey boys tickets, or they mistake "good cop bad cop" for "bad cop bad cop".

The other guys is an action packed joyride filled with tonnes of laughs. - R
Cool I have my own quote :D
The acting was also really good. I didn't expect that performance from both Wahlberg or Ferrell, and I really am not the biggest fan of Ferrell. But the two of them together I think made the perfect team both as characters and actors.
I think that'd I have to give this movie a 8.5/10 - it was really good, but not the best movie out there **cough inception cough**

No comments:

Post a Comment