Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mario 3-2

Mario 3-2
By D

I sit alone, quite late at night,
Before my TV, warm and bright,
Beside me, cans of mountain dew
As I play through Mario world three dash two.
I made it this far by the seat of my pants
And now I have but a single chance.
I knock a koopa, push his shell,
And send three goombas into hell
Leaping high, I reach a block
And with my head, give it a knock.
Out comes a mushroom from the top;
My size increases with a pop.
Running now, I find a star:
Oh what luck I’ve had so far!
At frantic pace, I speed around
And barely even touch the ground,
But even as I gaily run,
Alas the music’s quickly done.
I hit a koopa, one that flies,
And straight away I lose my size.
But wait! The end is really near,
It doesn’t seem there’s much to fear.
I hop, and skip, and squash and fly,
But as I come down from the sky
I see a pipe within my stride,
And a piranha plant, its mouth so wide.
 I cannot stop, I quickly fall,
And let the creature end it all.
The screen turns black, sad music plays,
“Game Over” the only thing it says.
I shake my head and view my score,
But before I start to play some more,
I get up briefly, to take a pee,
And regret I didn’t reach three dash three.

No comments:

Post a Comment