Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sausagefest!

Now, now, I know what you're thinking - I've finally come out of the closet and embraced my gayness. I'm sorry to disappoint you, lads, but despite the raunchy title of this post, I'm not gay. I'm simply referring to a party/festival happening right here on Friday in the Big TO (Toronto for those of you not in the know).

It was first brought to my attention when a friend on Facebook commented about having gotten tickets to this punnily-named celebration. After some quick research, I found out that it's an annual party happening in the city, wherein people eat masses of sausage amongst sexy dancing; which I never viewed as two things that would go together. Sadly, I also found that it was invitation only, and the only way to get an invite was to call up 102.1: The Edge, a radio station i never listen to anyway (I'm more of a 104.5: CHUM FM kind of guy).

It's not really something I'd be too interested in, anyway, as I don't go for drinking, patio parties, or insanely loud, thumping music. Thus, I was about to leave the website when I suddenly noticed something in the description
"It's going to be a crazy afternoon packed with prizes, an Energy Zone, a Sex Zone and the Splash Zone/Pool Area."
Wait a second. A Sex Zone? What on earth is a sex zone, and is it even legal to have one in Toronto? Even if it is, wouldn't it be a haven for disease? And never mind having to spend the rest of the party all sticky and sweaty. I'm no prude, but something tells me this is just an excuse for the radio station to hold an end-of-the-summer orgy.

I suppose that's what I'd expect from something called Sausagefest, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment