Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Review: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

So I'm going to post my own review along with D's, it's probably going to be a lot shorter but that's OK. Anyway, D and I went on what we like to call the Scott Pilgrimage, meaning we looked for locations in the comic books and in the movie on a map in Toronto, and we went to most of those locations...which...was...awesome. We decided to do that before going to see the movie itself (first time for me, second time for D).


So the movie starts out with Universal's logo and song, but slightly with a twist, it was pixelated and the song sounded like it was a midi file...awesome.


I was recently told that the movie was filmed after only the 4th book has been made, because during the movie I was like "Wait! That's not how it happened!!" So it makes sense that about halfway through the movie everything kind of changes. But that's not a bad thing, in truth the movie can stand on it's own without you having to read the comics before hand, and that's extremely hard to do considering it's based on comics.

The comics story is more about maturity and growing up, while as the movie touched on more the relationship part of things, and making new relationships and mending old ones.


The movie's pace was awesome. By that I mean there isn't one part of the movie where I was bored, it definitely was the first A.D.D movie ever. Like the director stated, when a musical has too much emotion going around, everyone breaks out into song...in this movie, when there is too much emotion, people break out into fights. Which is so cool. Michael Cera (almost forgot about this) was actually perfect for Scott. At first I didn't think so, because like many of you (and I know you thought this) I said things like "oh he's too awkward", or "he's such a one trick pony actor"....but I was WRONG! For all of those who thing they know Michael Cera, go watch this movie.

I could go on for like a Long time but I'm not going to.

I give Scott Pilgrim vs. The World a 9/10

Very well done, editing was amazing, acting was great, plot (of course) was great, but wasn't perfect because it could have had more of a relationship between Scott and Ramona.

No comments:

Post a Comment