Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Thump, Thump, Thump!

We've all been there. It's sometime around midnight, and you have an early class/assignment/trip to make in the morning, but a deep bass beat keeps driving through your wall and into your bedroom.
Now, that's what happened to me last night.
I'm not a party person anyway, I don't drink, fit in socially, or consider any of the throbbing beats that shake my inner organs to be music. Even so, I can put up with the occasional get together, although personally I prefer simply going out to see a movie, a meal, or a similar quiet activity, wherein I can actually hear people talk.
What I don't understand is why people would have a party in an apartment anyway. I've tried it (or at least R tried it when he lived with me), and it was cramped, loud, and meant we got several knocks and a letter on the door asking for the noise to be kept down. Surely it would make more sense for it to be held at a pub, or at the very least a building that isn't connected to several others on all sides, with a balcony opening out into the street, so the entire neighbood can listen to the racket?
Well, I digress. I ended up leaving and spending the night at my mum's house, which was closer to my morning destination anyway.
Anyway, rant over.
At least the party wasn't during the school year on a weekday, since then I'd be royally besmirched (though in the upcoming term, all of my classes start at 1pm or later...).

No comments:

Post a Comment