Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I spend too much money...

Welcome to the world of debt! That's what I told myself when I got a credit card. And now that's what I'm telling myself because I decided to finance a guitar. A lesson to all of you people who are probably not reading this and doing something else with your life...don't spend money you don't have. But then again....when you're standing in a Long and Mcquade and you see this beautiful Gibson Explorer...ugh.

Anyway so I go to Long and Mcquade and decide to buy a nice Gibson Explorer for $1,350.00 (pretty good deal)
BUT
Then I look over and see this really nice looking amp, so I'm like...hm, maybe if I plug this guitar in here it'll make a good sound. And it DID! So I ended up buying that amp to...great. A Marshall Haze 40($699.99). preeeetty good amp.

So I eventually kept getting up sold (this means that they'll keep throwing shit at you that you think you need until your wallet bursts) to the point that i said "OK that's enough for me".

Now, when you're financing anything, be sure to read the small print, because they can really fuck you up if you don't read every little detail. Oh and I also bought a Line 6 ($399) multi effects pedal...good stuff. I also picked up extra little things too like strings, cleaner, a strap etc. My point is...in the end, is when you're surrounded by things you want to buy (for me it's guitars)...walk away...especially if you don't have the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment